The Senior AWS Software Developer develops strategic solutions for new services and functionality. This role designs software and participates in programming, testing and documentation through the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Timely and effective communications to the team, organization and outside vendors are regularly disseminated as part of this job function.
This project involves re-architecting on-premise solutions for AWS using Cloud-Native architecture.
** The position is for an AWS software developer, not a DevOps engineer or architect. **
The following skills are required:
• Expertise in developing AWS cloud-native / serverless solutions is required. Good experience with cloud-native services including: AWS Lambda, SQS, SNS, Step Functions, DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway
• Experience with Python is required
• Some Experience with AWS SAM is required. Candidates familiar with SAM local development, testing, and debugging as well as SAM templates / CloudFormation is a plus
• Candidate must be proficient using GIT source control. Knowledge of GitLab CI/CD is a plus.
Preferred Skills (not all required):
• AWS Certification (Developer/Solution Architect)
• Good understanding of event-driven architectures
• Experience with JSON and REST API is a plus
• Experience with Web Services (SOAP) is a plus
• Experience with XML/XSLT is a plus
• Experience with relational databases and building and optimize SQL Queries and Stored procedures is a plus
• Splunk experience is a plus
• Relational Database Experience such as Oracle (preferred) and/or SQL Server
• Must be able to switch among tasks on a frequent basis and remain productive
• Should have superior debugging skills
• Good interpersonal skills in order to interact with the clients and other technical staff
• Strong written and oral communication skills are essential Education, Certifications, or Special Licenses:
• Formulate and define system scope and objectives for assigned projects
• Extensive experience with the most current software engineering standards, practices, methods, tools and trends
• Serve as technical expert on development, coding, testing and debugging stages of application and system integration