Our client, a global provider of information technology products and services, is seeking a DevOps Engineer III
Location: Princeton, NJ
Position Type: Contract
- Builds and deploys Web and Web services applications in lower environments.
- Documents the deployment procedures, set up Maven and Ant scripts for generating builds, coordinate, PPV, troubleshoot issues with the deployments on various environments.
- Configure and set up new environments for testing, includes JBoss, EWS/Apache configuration
- Manages the firewall change requests, new infrastructure requests
- Configuring monitoring tools such as JON on the servers.
- Monitors application and server status in support of software deployment.
- Assists in diagnosing and solving production issues.
- Coordinates production deployment activities with various partner applications and infrastructure vendor
- Monitors the performance of the application by running performance tests in lower environments
- Troubleshoot performance issues and provide guidance to the offshore testing team during test planning and test execution phase
- Build and maintain the production infrastructure and services.
- Ensure proper security for the infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Develop/maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of production.
- Participate in the evaluation of new software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of software development technologies (Java/J2EE, HTML)
- Strong Unix skills. Shell scripting is must.
- Working experiences with tools like WinSCP and Putty
- Knowledge on Internet/File protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP etc.
- Knowledge of SVN, or other major version control tools
- Experience in Ant and Maven build technologies
- Hands on application deployment experience
- Working knowledge of Networking and network topologies such as routers, firewalls
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL, able to write complex queries.
- Working knowledge on Apache (Modjk, Load balancers and SSL)
- Working experience with JBoss application server such as setting up the cluster environment.
- Ability to work closely with engineering and infrastructure teams
- Hands on Java coding experience is important
- Experience with continuous Integration tools such as Hudson or Jenkins.