The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) functions as a liaison between business units and the IT departments, participates in business process modeling and research efforts and completes business cases in support of IT projects. The incumbent works with the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) proposal team to develop the scope of work necessary to support the requirements of the proposal, identifies delivery solutions and works to develop cost reviews and prepare a technical response to the client that proposes solutions to meet business needs. This role participates in the formulation and definition of project scope and objectives for assigned departmental projects. Additionally, the BSA, participates in requirements gathering and documentation and prepares detailed systems specifications from which programs are written or configured. The Business Systems Analyst communicates with the IT team to ensure proper development, operationalization and delivery of technical solutions that fully adhere to corporate business objectives and meet user specifications for functionality and accuracy
• Facilitate communication between IT, SBUs and clients
• Participate in software development groups and teams in requirements gathering, analysis, design, risk mitigation, programming/construction, unit testing and transition of applications into a production environment.
• Gather and document business requirements and functional/detail requirements
• Translate business requirements to functional and technical specifications
• Function as a liaison between business areas and technical staff
• Follow SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) processes Education, Certifications, or Special Licenses is preferred.
• Knowledge / Experience in SCRUM, JIRA, feature 4 process is preferred.
• Develop scope of work to satisfy business goals and requirements, document Use cases and user stories.
• Provide detailed review and documentation of costs for proposed solutions
• Work with system developers, test teams, process managers, and end users to ensure proposed solution is delivered according to schedule and with the required functionality
• Analyze/document new and existing processes and procedures
• Continuously review test plans and provide feedback on methodology when necessary
• Participate in conducting regularly scheduled reviews of newly proposed and exiting projects to ensure quality and accuracy is delivered to end users
• Maintain traceability matrix and manage change requests
• Function as contact for problem analysis and resolution
• Work as part of a team to conceptualize solutions for the improvement of business goals
• Apply industry standard analysis, documentation techniques where appropriate to assist in providing optimum solutions
• A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Processing or business-related curricula, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
• Excellent planning, organization and problem identification skills
• Excellent information and data analysis skills
• Demonstrated problem solving ability
• Excellent technical and business terminology to consult with clients, vendors and other internal staff
• Knowledge on AWS technology, REST Services, Microservices & API will be a plus
• Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously (balance workload)
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment