Role Description: The Strategic Sourcing Manager tasks include:
– This individual is responsible for working the end-to-end strategic sourcing processes, from analysis through negotiating, and contracting
– In addition, he/she would recommend appropriate strategies and tactics to obtain desired results
– This position will also work with the vendor management group and Requestors of Service (ROS) who manage the vendor relationships
– Develop annual strategic plans and objectives.
– Participate in the identification and selection of vendors
– Participate with Vendor Management team with Contract Management and Preferred Supplier Programs with specific policies, procedures, and tools to add value to the Originations and Servicing operating businesses
– Develop and review specifications, statements of work, performance terms, and/or acceptance criteria.
– Aligns with planning and launch of major RFx events and assists team in an organized evaluation and selection process.
– Review, Modify and Create Statements of Work SOW to establish SLAs, key performance indicators and other requirements to ensure vendors performance and on-going tracking of all SOWs for related vendors.
– Continuously improve vendor performance, specifically by supporting better vendor reporting and collaboration with vendors for stronger accountability.
– Analyze the supply market and procurement data to support category strategies
– Strategic Vendors On-Boarding Assist business in the transition to a new vendor.
– Interface and communicate with project team, management and stakeholders and provide support with respect to Strategic Sourcing/Procurement processes and policies.
– Monitors and manages project baseline to ensure activities are occurring as planned – scope, budget and schedule manages variances
– Identifies potential points of contention for missed deliverables; creates and implements strategy to mitigate shortfalls in timeline and budget
– Anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
– Demonstrate business analytics to manage and meet sponsor and customer needs
– Work with internal hiring managers to qualify job specifications to ensure accuracy
– Achieve cost reduction / savings targets for flexible workforce program through negotiating bill rates with suppliers, adhering to rate card metrics.
– Work independently to oversee day-to-day management of data integrity and process associated with onboarding, off-boarding, which will include, but not limited to, organizing orientations and managing contract workers data integrity
– Work closely with the Vendor Management Office (VMO) to evaluate and monitor supplier performance
– Collaborate/coordinate with internal cross functional internal groups to support positive experiences for both contingent workers and hiring managers
– Execute and oversee assignment notifications to contract worker *** constituents on approaching assignment end dates, extensions, check-ins
– Maintain and update internal standard operating procedures (SOP) for day-to-day program projects and tasks
– Thought leadership and idea generation for continued program improvement
– Ability to identify program challenges and subsequent potential solutions
– Facilitation and engagement in the development of program strategic initiatives
– Special Projects (10%)
– Support and involvement in pre-identified flexible workforce initiatives
– Internal/External Stakeholders:
– Category Business Leaders within the HR, Technical Operations, Travel, Legal, Corporate Services, Marketing and Sales organization
– Vendor/supplier base for assigned categories
– Senior Leadership Team (C-Level)
– Bachelor s Degree required (Finance, Engineering Supply Chain or Business discipline preferred)
– Minimum of 3 years business experience in roles with increasing levels of responsibility
– 2-3 years experience with contract negotiation and administration required. Excellent contract management skills are essential combined with experience in strategic sourcing practices, vendor dashboards, strategic cost reduction initiatives, and vendor quality turn around
– 2-3 years experience in strategic sourcing/vendor management area
Required Skills Include:
– Work experience in pharmaceuticals or Client preferred
– Excellent computer skills including Oracle Business Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and SharePoint Management
– Strong presentation skills
– Ability to analyze data and determine creative ways to present the data to tell the story
– Ability to handle multiple priorities
Ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and executives across business and technology units
Comments for Vendors: Hybrid, maybe 2x a month, Sourcing managerial exp, exp with other pharma companies nice to have, exp with IT sourcing, RFP exp