Responsible for leading business analysis functions for medium to large-scale projects and enhancements. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user needs, a thorough understanding of applicable business systems, and industry best practices. Creates or modifies processes and procedures to solve problems, considering technical feasibility and desired results.
This role works closely with vendor partners, team members, and business and IT leaders to elicit and document business needs and requirements.
A candidate for this position must be a self-starter and able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment as part of a service delivery function.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for leading business requirements gathering for projects and enhancements.
- Responsible for managing and facilitating communications between IT teams, business, and vendors.
- Assists in formulating and designing system scope and objectives based on user needs and a thorough understanding of business processes.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends potential solution options and supports the resolution via projects and enhancements through to production deployment.
- Performs operational support activities to triage and research production support issues, advocates for business users, and manages the resolution of production defects through to production deployment.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance to project team members concerning P&C insurance and system implementations.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Participates in the full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Collects and defines requirements
- Translates into functional design documents
- Participates in technical design
- Participates in test planning and may coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Supports execution of both QA and UAT phases
- Participates in user documentation processes
- Assists with training users on new or enhanced applications
- Supports Go Live activities, including production smoke testing and post-Go Live activities
- Participates in operational support turnover activities, including the creation of Quick Reference Guides, Standard Operating Procedures, and other job aids as applicable.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special duties and other projects as may be assigned
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with various levels of IT team members, stakeholders, Business Units and Senior Management.
- P&C Insurance knowledge/certifications required.
- 5-7 years experience as a Business Analyst required
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Self-starter with proven ability to take the initiative to accomplish goals with minimal oversight and direction.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business)
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC for both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of activities, practices, and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining/documenting required functional and non-functional requirements.
- Strong interpersonal relationship-building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving, research, and analytical skills. Proven ability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.