The Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Finance Systems Manager will provide business and application support to internal financial systems to ensure business solutions support the finance organization’s company goals and objectives by performing a gap analysis and solution design; and planning, executing, and leading projects in conjunction with internal customers. This incumbent serves as a manager as well as a subject matter expert for EPM financial systems and will gather and assess business requirements and assist with translating them into optimal solutions. The EPM Finance Systems Manager will work with planners and financial analysts for all month-end close reporting, mid-year forecasting, and budgeting and will design and build required reports using PBC reporting applications. The EPM Finance Systems Manager will create and maintain concise functional and technical specifications on Essbase / Planning applications and business system processes. The EPM Finance Systems Manager will provide end-user application support, assist in end-user training and development of associated documentation, and develop, manage, and execute system testing plans and scripts. The EPM Finance Systems Manager is expected to be able to resolve issues related to data loading from different source systems into Planning and Essbase. The EPM Finance Systems Manager will also provide installation, configuration, and troubleshooting assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, MIS, or related business or technical discipline and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a financial system lead or manager and/or other relevant business systems analyst experience. Banking and/or financial services industry experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in Oracle EPM Hyperion Planning or PBC and Essbase. Experience in similar products such as IBM Planning (TM1), Adaptive Insights, OneStream, Host Analytics, Anaplan or SAP BPC will be considered.
- Experience in the design /development/support of BSO cubes, ASO cubes, dimensional hierarchies, data management rules, business rules, data forms, Smart View, and EPM security
- Experience and proficiency in the creation of reports in Oracle Smart View Excel Add-in, Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence, Financial Reporting Studio, and Essbase.
- Demonstrated understanding of major banking and/or financial services business principles, processes, and technologies, particularly regarding financial consolidation, planning, budgeting, and reporting processes.
- Must have proven ability to analyze and streamline processes and have the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Must have strong project management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Must have strong written communication skills, including facilitating meetings and effectively leading discussions when necessary.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, vendors, and external contacts.